Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Roll on spring


Three months ago I promised myself I would be more diligent with this blog, and since then I'm ashamed to say that I have only posted once. I put this down to the time of year, work commitments, age and general forgetfulness. We have been on Maria Jessie most weekends but have not strayed too far - I particularly enjoyed a couple of Sunday trips we did in December, the 90 minute run from Napton to Braunston, lunch at the Millhouse then back before all remnants of daylight disappear.

Only being weekend boaters for now I'm finding the diesel central heating fantastic. Just setting the timer for the heating to come on a couple of hours before we plan to get there means it's as warm as toast when we arrive, making a very cosy welcome.

We're busy making plans for our summer cruising and minimsing our work commitments to get in as much boating as possible. We're planning to take Maria Jessie to the IWA Festival at Beale Park so a 3-4 week trip later in the summer doing the Thames Ring to incorporate the festival. Other trips are still at the planning stage - I think this is half the fun.

There seem to be more and more boat blogs; I see that Quidditch ,which moors across the marina from us, now has one too now. Still leading the field in quality, content, and commitment are Retirement with no Problem and Granny Buttons Well done Sue and Andrew respectively; it's good to catch up with what you are doing whilst I am slaving (sic) over my PC.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Thanks for your blessings, David! I'm well behind schedule, both in my plans to get to the Fens for the spring, and in my account of life afloat. I spend far too much time making up opinions on waterways politics instead. Sue's the one who records life afloat the best.

Tuesday, 17 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home