Sunday, October 09, 2005

I should be better at this!


Everytime I read the blogs from No Problem, Moore 2 Life and Granny Buttons I think I could be doing a much better job with the Maria Jessie blog so I have set myself an autumnal resolution, particularly as my brother in California likes to know what we are up to, and I know some of my former colleagues in Germany also log on. For the timebeing we are principally weekend boaters, but we have been out every weekend since our trip to Preston Brook.

Two weeks ago our friends John & Jackie came from Somerset for a weekend with us, and last week Alistair & Debra came with us. Alistair has an offshore cruiser at Hamble with loads of speed and horsepower ( and the fuel cost to go with it!). I think he actually enjoyed chugging along at 4mph in a "ditch crawler" with us. Well he said he did, and he bought us lunch in Braunston!.

This weekend our old friends Dave and Karen joined us and we headed off up the Oxford to Brinklow. Dreadful weather yesterday, but it made up for it today. Dave took loads of photos so I hope he will send me one or two good ones to post here. We saw Chas and Ann on Moore to Life yesterday in the rain, and today moored at Braunston. Pity there was nowhere to stop and say hello, but Ann took some pictures as we passed and posted them to their blog. I've pinched this one from their blog!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chas and Ann said...

I got your email presumably via our web site. Do you have an email address? Glad you got the pictures.

Monday, 10 October, 2005  
Blogger Sue said...

A 'ditch crawler'???!!

I love that one.. the tupperware tart carts AKA plastic boats call narrowboats 'torpedoes'.. I think I prefer ditch crawler though!!

Wednesday, 12 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home